PAROS ISLAND (MARPISSA)
The Nikos Perantinos Sculpture Museum is located on the hill of Marpissa, on the east side of Paros.
Nikos Perantinos is a sculptor and graduate of the School of Fine Arts, Thomas Thomopoulos Workshop, continued his studies in Paris. In 1941, he was appointed permanent sculptor of the Archaeological Museum, where he performed major restorations on ancient sculptures. He was a teacher of simplicity and the classical form, who won many awards and distinctions for his excellent work.
He returned to the island from Paris in 1964 and founded the Marble Sculpture workshop in Agia Anna, aiming to continue the tradition of sculpture in Paros. The workshops are open to people of all ages with a love for sculpture.
The Museum opened in a small hall after his death on Paros in 1991. Ather 18 years, the Board of Directors of the Museum succeeded in expanding the museum, with the assistance of the Municipality of Paros and the Ministry of Culture. Today, the Museum is housed in a beautiful, renovated neoclassical building with five large halls exhibiting sculptures by Nikos Perantinos.
Information or contact: 6977445803, 2284041217
All the information – company’s presentation and profile – is provided and stated by the company’s owner or manager who is fully responsible.